Women's Story Circle Luncheon
January 13, 2013, 12:00pm
You will not want to miss the first Women’s Story Circle luncheon of 2013 when we welcome Jen Ferguson, a Christian writer and speaker and founder of s(He) Listens Ministries…and our 2013 ECW Retreat facilitator! Please join us on January 13th to welcome this very special guest. Bring a friend – what better way to kick off the new year?The Women’s Story Circle is a bi-monthly luncheon and fellowship event for women of all ages, featuring a woman from our parish telling her spiritual story. PLEASE RSVP no later than January 9 if you will be attending and indicate if you will need childcare. The cost of the luncheon is $7.00.
Please CLICK HERE To RSVP online or call Glenda Monroe at 695-6198.
SAVE THE DATE! ECW Retreat
March 1-3, 2012
Balcones Springs Retreat and Conference Center
All women are invited to attend our annual ECW retreat. Balcones Springs is a beautiful retreat located just 45 minutes from here toward Marble Falls. This year, our speaker is Jen Ferguson. Jen is a Christian writer and speaker and is the founder of s(He) Listens Ministries. She has attended St. Luke's on the Lake all of her life, but she attended Youth Group here at St. Matt's years ago. Jen is energetic, inspiring, and brutally honest.
We know you will enjoy getting to know her and will take away something from your time with her and all your sisters here at St. Matt's.
Early Bird Registration will begin November 11. CLICK HERE to Register Online
Episcopal Church Women is an extraordinary group of women at St. Matthew’s. The vision of ECW, as quoted from the national chapter’s website, is “for all women of the Episcopal Church to become a vibrant blend of ages, coming together as peacemakers and healers in the Church. We aspire to be a Godspark – shining and sharing the love of Christ. ”
At St. Matthew’s we manifest this vision in such activities as the Women’s Story Circle, the Women’s Retreat, and the Advent Coffee. We also contribute to The United Thank Offering and The Baby Bundles for El Buen Samaritano. Perhaps there are other ways to interpret the Mission? We are interested in what you think. All “blends of ages” are invited and welcomed. Come share the Vision with your Christian sisters! Please join us at any of these activities.
Episcopal Church Women (ECW) is an international organization sponsored by the Episcopal Church that strives to "grow in mind and spirit through uplifting programs, fellowship and service to others." ECW in the Diocese of Texas was formed in 1871.
By virtue of their membership in our parish, all women at St. Matthew’s are members of St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church Women (ECW). However, membership holds no obligations, only opportunities.
The theme of St. Matthew’s ECW is "Women: Living Our Faith" and our purpose is "to empower women to live the life for which Christ called us by sharing His love through outreach, fellowship and spiritual growth."
At St. Matthew’s, many opportunities are available through ECW for women to support each other in their spiritual journeys, support outreach programs, and support women’s issues.
Women’s opportunities through ECW include:
- The Women’s Story Circle, held the second Sunday of most months at noon in Huffman Hall; includes light lunch, inspirational talk by member, and child care;
- Experiences that enhance spiritual growth such as quiet days, Bible study, centering prayer, prayer shawl ministry and retreats, including an Annual Women’s Retreat in February
- Participation in Diocesan ECW events, such as the ECW Annual Meeting held each fall, a spiritual growth retreat held each spring and other events throughout the year
- Outreach opportunities as a part of the diocesan ECW including the semiannual United Thank Offering ingathering, Vera Scott Gang scholarships, Bishop Kinsolving Fund and Outreach grants for start-up women’s programs
- Local outreach opportunities including monthly baby gifts for new moms at El Buen Samaritano, support of SafePlace and gifts of food to area food banks and human services organizations